Thursday, June 27, 2013

Getting back into the swing of things...

This week has been very busy and I've loved every minute of it. It's like the more I get back into making jewelry and painting, the more I remember who I am. For a little while there I think I lost a huge part of myself when I put my dream on hold and buried it... But now that it seems like a possibility again, I'm happier and more excited than I've been in a very long time.

The planning aspect of this is hard for me. I'm a free spirt that creates when I feel moved to, so it's been hard to do nothing but plan for a week. I've done so much to get ready for my shop to reopen but I still have a ton to do! Adam has been very busy this week, and he is the computer genius... so hopefully this weekend we will be able to sit down together and make the new Banners and Logos and all that!

I've been sketching... What does everybody think of something like this for the new logo of Katie's Basement?
Hmm... I'm still not sure if I'm in love with it. I'll keep drawing...

I've also been working on some new pieces to try and get my inventory back up there after my hiatus. Can't open an empty shop!!

Here's a sneak peak of some earrings from the new jewelry line I'm planning on releasing in the Fall...
Exciting.


Tonight I'm bringing some chairs, some beer, and heading out to an outdoor concert of some local bands. I absolutely love everything about live music, and my soul has been craving it.

peace and love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment