Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Post!!

Hey hey!

So this is my first official blog post. Welcome to the  Katie's Basement blog! I will periodically update this blog to keep my customers and bloggers up to date on the things I am currently working on.

A little bit about me:

I LOVE:
*animals
*orange
*chocolate chip milkshakes
*anything to do with the 60s (music, fashion, ideas, ALL of it!)
*all forms of art
*music
*swimming
*roller coasters
*tea
*the beach
*tie dye!

I HATE:
*drama
*thunderstorms
*little dogs
*babies
*war
*baseball
*pepsi products
*spiders
*smores
*FEET

I'm currently a senior at Sewanee: University of the South located in Tennessee. I also coach a swim team of kids aging from 5-18! I have been making jewelry for almost my entire life, but just decided last year that I was going to make jewelry my future. I've decided that making jewelry is my passion and something I'm ready to commit to completely! So about a year and a half ago, I created my company Katie's Basement and couldn't be happier. I've expanded my art form from the simple hemp necklaces I made in my younger years to include all types of jewelry such as wire working, gemstones, soldering, and most recently "upcycled" jewelry made from recycled items.


As of now, Katie's Basement is back in business after a hiatus in the fall while I finished up my junior year of school. This summer I have really began working my hardest to make Katie's Basement the best it can be!


So keep an eye on my blog! I'll not only post my most recent projects, but also new techniques and new designs that I come up with! Also, come here for the most up to date information concerning Katie's Basement!

peace and love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment